VALoans.com is an online platform that connects eligible service members, veterans, and spouses with authorized VA loan lenders. It is not a lender, nor is it affiliated or endorsed by the Department of Veteran Affairs. All it does is provide a free service to help qualified borrowers find the best VA loan for their particular circumstances.
Using VALoans.com to find your best VA loan is incredibly easy. To begin, go to the VALoans.com home page, select ‘Buy a home’ or ‘Refinance my home’, and fill out the short online form.
You’ll need to provide the following:
- Information about your service, e.g. branch of service, current status, whether you are currently in the U.S. or stationed abroad
- Personal details, e.g. estimated credit score, marriage status, gross annual income
- Details about the home you’re searching for or refinancing, e.g. estimated home value, when you plan to buy/refinance
- A few declarations details pertaining to your application, including whether you receive VA disability income and whether you’ve had any bankruptcies in the past 7 years
At the end of the process, VALoans.com will show you the best results from its network of around 270 VA-authorized lenders. If you like one of the options, click on it to proceed to a formal application. By using the VALoans.com service, you will in effect be authorizing its lending partners to contact you.
- Lets you compare and pre-qualify to multiple lenders
- Loads of useful information about VA loans
- Transparent about which lenders it works with
- Not a direct lender
- No loan options aside from VA loans
There are loads of matching tools for mortgages, but few can claim to be so especially dedicated to VA loans as VALoans.com. This platform connects you to the best rates from hundreds of authorized VA lenders, helping you save time in your search for the best VA loan for your needs.
Although VALoans.com saves you time in your VA loan search, it can’t help you complete the process. VALoans.com merely helps you get pre-qualified. Step two – the more time-consuming step – is closing a VA loan with your chosen lender.
Although they get lumped together under one category, VA loans actually come in many forms. VALoans.com can help find you a suitable lender for whichever type of VA loan best fits your needs.
Loan types include
- VA Purchase Loan: Like a regular purchase loan, but with $0 down, no PMI, and lower rates
- VA Streamline Refinance: Low-hassle refinance option with minimal paperwork and fewer closing costs than a regular refinance
- VA Home Refinance: Lets you convert non-VA loans into a VA loan, or refinance a VA loan while withdrawing cash from your property’s equity
- VA Construction Loan: Qualified borrowers can use VA entitlement toward a new construction mortgage
- VA Jumbo Loan: Lets you borrow above the old VA loan limits (starts from $510,400 to $765,600, depending on location)
VALoans.com isn’t actually a lender, therefore it doesn’t offer any special loan features. Many of its partnering lenders do offer special features such as reduced closing costs, rate lock, and more. However, VALoans.com does assist users in other ways. For example, it offers extensive informational resources on VA loans, with answers to questions about VA loan entitlement, VA loan certificate of eligibility, and more. It also offers free tools and calculators to help you discover how much you can borrow, how much you can afford, and more.
Each of VALoans.com’s partners sets its own rates and terms while staying within the parameters set by the Department of Veterans Affairs. For borrowers with excellent credit, interest rates go as low as 3%. VA loans offer extra benefits, including $0 down payment requirement and no PMI requirement.
VALoans.com is primarily an online platform and it provides minimal customer service. It states that if you have any questions about its service, you should email it at email@example.com. For enquiries related to VA loans specifically, it suggests contacting the Department of Veterans Affairs at www.va.gov.
With so many mortgage aggregators on the internet, it’s hard to separate the useful from the generic. VALoans.com certainly falls into the category of useful platforms, given its dedication to VA loans specifically. VALoans.com has an extensive network of authorized VA loans, making it a virtual guarantee that it can help match you with a suitable VA loan for your needs.